“When you have the time of your life doing what you’re doing, this has a way of calling forth the deeps in another person…You are not talking about “good news,” you are good news. You are the embodiment of the freedom of a new humanity.” –Gordon Cosby
Am I having the time of my life doing what I’m doing? No… Does that mean I’m not “good news”? am I “embodying my vision of a new humanity”? hmph. If I am at all, it is only to a limited and flawed extent…
How do I be the kind of person I want to be, how do I live the kind of witness I want my life to be? Why is it such a hard thing to do?
Maybe I can’t love what I’m doing right now, and that’s what I’ll learn about myself this year. but I hope I can love it more.
…the journey of self-discovery is not always smooth and painless…
No comments:
Post a Comment