Monday, January 21, 2008

A Temporary Monastic

Today is the day I take off for an 8-week stay in Honduras! I will be staying at the Amigas del Señor monastery, which means i'll be living in a small house in the hills of rural northern Honduras near the town on Limón on the Caribbean coast, with my sister. Life there will consist of arising at dawn, doing morning prayers, cooking on a wood-fired stove, gardening on a steep hillside, doing afternoon prayers, singing, reading/studying, journaling, walking to town every so often, hand-washing our clothes, eating, doing evening prayers, and sleeping. Not to mention swatting mosquitos and sweating a lot...and I'm sure there are things I've forgotten or haven't anticipated. It will be an interesting experience to spend such intense time with my sister as my only constant company--I hope we don't get sick of each other! If you want to write to me while I'm there, send letters to:

Autumn Cutting
Amigas del Señor
Limón, Colón, Honduras

mail takes approx. 4 weeks to arrive, so mail it by Feb. 15, as I return home on the 19th of March!

I won't get to the internet too many times while I'm down there, but at least a couple.

No comments: