Monday, January 28, 2008

Monday in Limón

Monday is Limón day, volunteering at the Centro de Salud. That means we walk an hour down to the main road and then try to get a ride the rest of the way into town (it would be another hour on foot). Today, we headed out as early as possible after morning prayers and breakfast. A pick-up (jalón) gave us a ride for the last half.

When we got to Centro de Salud, I was given the job of sorting out the ingredients of a box of medicines and supplies that a missionary team had left a month or two ago. I had to check expiration dates, sort them by tupe, label them in Spanish, and put them in the correct spot on the shelf. Well, I did what I could! I didn't know the names for most of them, and I had no idea where to put them on the shelf. Once it was empty, I filled the tub half full again with expired medicines--what a shame.

We'll see what the other Mondays have in store for me!

No comments: