Day one of information overload and overstimulation.
I met all of the staff and got talked talked talked at all morning long. Well, all day really, until about 3pm, and then we were supposed to meet with Rachel to find out about her Future Communities project, but my brain couldn't handle it and I took a nap instead.
Later, rejuvinated, Mike and I walked into Coleraine so he could do some money changing and shopping. It was a nice, 45-minute walk each way. I'm looking forward to having a bike, because there are so many towns and interesting places nearby, but not quite within walking distance. having a car will be nice too, but I'm particularly interested in getting the bike cleaned up and in working order -- apparently it's in the stone barn covered with toxic pigeon feces...
Right now I'm feeling rather constrained and unenthusiastic about life here and muy job description. I hope that changes as the week goes on with its orientations, trainings, and conversations! Because I want to love it here, and I want to have fun. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment