Sunday, February 8, 2009

highs and lows

Saturday was a great day with a bad ending.

We got up late and made a big brunch as a community (I made coffee cake) and then went on a community shopping spree to Costco and the Dollar Tree for household and Valentine’s party supplies. (Every JV community is assigned a holiday, and we’re the hosts of this one). Plus, I found myself a digital camera – hooray! It was a beautiful and sunny 70-degree day. (yep, 5 days after that snow storm...)

In the evening, we went to McGillin’s Pub in Philly (apparently, it’s the oldest one) to watch a Gonzaga basketball game. I had a fine time until midnight came around and I realized no one was ready to leave except me. I couldn’t leave because we hadn’t driven and it wouldn’t have been safe to come home by myself, so I sat there feeling bored, tired, impatient, and on the verge of tears for the next hour until the others were ready to leave. At one point I put my head down on the table to try to rest, but an employee warned me that she’d have to kick me out if I didn’t sit up (yes, that would make two times!...). Maybe I should have let her kick me out so that everyone would have left with me...

It was probably the most miserable experience I’ve had all year, and everyone knows it, so hopefully we'll be able to avoid that situation in the future...

No comments: