Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Surprise!

The adventure of the day today was setting the burglar alarm off this morning!

I went in to work late and so hadn’t come out of my room yet when my last housemate left for work at 9. I walked down the stairs and around the corner, and all of a sudden the alarm siren stared wailing. It was SO loud! After I had recovered from the shock, I walked over to the front door and turned it off. Whew. About 10 minutes later, I heard a brisk knock at the door and was not surprised to find a police officer standing there. “You’re burglar alarm went off?” “Yeah…” So I explained and he left.

As one of my housemates noted, he probably knew it was OK the second he saw me: simply because I was white. I think the pajamas might have had something to do with it too: who robs a house in their pajamas? …

No comments: